Thursday, May 21, 2020

Four Years

Jesus. Four years since my last post?  Doesn't seem like that long ago.  It's been a period of ups and downs.  Here's things in point form:

- not worked since I took voluntary redundancy - I've not needed to - decent payout and sold my rental flat (which paid off our mortgage)

- sold my rental property - which took ages - the tenant was a cunt, had to take them to court to get them out - twice. The buyers were cunts, the building society were cunts.   

- My mother was diagnosed with a rare form of blood cancer and died almost six months to the day of being told it was terminal

- my mother in law died - from cancer

- we were scammed by rogue builders and lost tens of thousands of pounds and had to take on a small mortgage again (we'd paid it off) to fix things.

- my partner is being screwed around at work, being victimised with false claims and has been on stress leave since Feb this year.

- fucking pandemic.

I have done some fun things too....holidays to Canada, Nashville and New York (for a rugby tournament) cruises to Norway, Amsterdam and a 10 day posh one around the Mediterranean starting and ending in Rome last September.  We had three more cruises planned this year - all cancelled thanks to the pandemic.

oh and our boiler died - so at least we got refunds from the cruises to pay for a new boiler.



No comments: